Created diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) programs using strong DEI content expertise, strategy development and ability to influence without authority. Work as a behavior specialist and educator key for DEI organizational change. Experienced project manager who uses effective strategies for global team management across identity, language, seniority and technical area. Expert communicator in short- and long-form writing, visualizations, small group facilitation and public speaking. Able to leverage 10 years of non-profit experience for board and community level outreach as well as matrixed organizational structure navigation and cross-functional team collaboration.
03/17 – 02/19 | Manager, Health Systems, VillageReach | Seattle, WA
Regional Focus: Malawi, Africa
- Created the organization’s first diversity and inclusion (D&I) initiative and collaborated with senior leaders to develop and implement D&I strategies in the areas of recruitment, employee development, and internal and external communications; currently expanding initiative to 3 country offices.
- Co-chaired the Seattle Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Community of Practice (DEI CoP), a working group of Seattle professionals represented by 60+ public and private sector companies, supporting event planning, networking, DEI strategies and sharing best practices among CoP membership.
- Developed global project management framework to improve global team collaboration.
- Managed responses to request for proposals (RFPs) to increase revenue by over $2 million in grant funding (10% of organizational operational budget) within 2 years.
- Managed intercontinental program teams that implemented global health innovations. Created program charters, work plans, communication and budget systems to ensure all critical milestones were met; developed professional development tools to coach 10 team members and 4 direct reports.
- Partnered with US- and Malawi-based software developers to scope user requirements to upgrade job aid for health hotline call center servicing 1,000+ callers monthly; managed cross-functional team.
- Built relationships with potential partners and enhanced the organization’s reputation by presenting program evaluation results at 6 professional conferences throughout the United States and Africa.
- Awarded “2018 Most Outstanding Collaboration” by the Washington Global Health Alliance for leading two-year program partnership with Planned Parenthood of the Great Northwest and Hawaiian Islands.
03/17 – Present | Founder and Chair, Seattle Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Community of Practice, Seattle, WA, USA
- Led the Seattle Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Community of Practice (DEI CoP) Steering Committee, a working group of DEI leaders who manage the event planning, networking, and sharing of best practices among the membership comprised of 600+ Seattle professionals representing 200+ multisector companies.
- Developed Steering Committee’s strategic framework, including communications and governance.
- Presented and participated on DEI related panels:
- “Centering DEI for Effective Communications,” Speaker, 10/18 | Hosted by GlobalWA and VillageReach
- “Diversity in Global Organizations,” Panelist, 07/18 | Hosted by the Washington Global Health Alliance
09/11 – 07/13 | Certified Personal Trainer, Crunch Fitness, New York, NY
- Increased sales by $10,000 monthly with a roster of over 200 clients by developing niche-training expertise.
- Supervised trainer team and created promotions as weekend manager, increasing monthly sales by $20,000.
08/09 – 07/11 |Business Manager, Various New York Area Charter Schools, New York, NY
- Analyzed HR and accounting data for grant reports, increasing school revenue the next FY by $1.5M.
- Created and implemented budget-monitoring systems and revised procurement systems, tracked supplies and ordering processes, resulting in 5% decreased spending within one year.
- Forecasted and managed $24M budget based on salaries, benefits and supplies for 5 cost centers that contributed to effective budget planning and monitoring for the CEO.
- Managed vendor engagement and fiscal documents review resulting in a “no findings” external audit report.