Created diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) programs using strong DEI content expertise, strategy development and ability to influence without authority. Work as a behavior specialist and educator key for DEI organizational change. Experienced project manager who uses effective strategies for global team management across identity, language, seniority and technical area. Expert communicator in short- and long-form writing, visualizations, small group facilitation and public speaking. Able to leverage 10 years of non-profit experience for board and community level outreach as well as matrixed organizational structure navigation and cross-functional team collaboration.
Additional capabilities include the following:
- DEI strategy development and implementation
- Program and curriculum development
- Process and systems orientation
- Global cross-functional team management
- Decision-driven research design and data analysis
- Budget management and business development
- Client and stakeholder engagement
- Organizational leader and influencer
- Small and large group public speaking
- Extensive professional and personal global travel
03/17 – Present – Founder and Chair, Seattle Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Community of Practice, Seattle, WA, USA
- Led the Seattle Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Community of Practice (DEI CoP) Steering Committee, a working group of DEI leaders who manage the event planning, networking, and sharing of best practices among the membership comprised of 600+ Seattle professionals representing 200+ multisector companies.
- Developed Steering Committee’s strategic framework, including communications and governance.
- Presented and participated on DEI related panels:
- “Centering DEI for Effective Communications,” Speaker, 10/18 | Hosted by GlobalWA and VillageReach
- “Diversity in Global Organizations,” Panelist, 07/18 | Hosted by the Washington Global Health Alliance
01/15 – Present – Manager, VillageReach, Seattle, WA, USA and Malawi, Africa
- Created the first DEI initiative; collaborated with senior leaders to set the vision, strategy, plan and success metrics for four working groups: HR, staff learning, internal communications and external communications.
- Developed global project management framework, strategy and toolkit to improve global team collaboration using the PMI methodology and mitigate some challenges with headquarters and field team dynamics.
- Managed opportunity acquisition, increasing revenue by over $5 million within 4 years.
- Built relationships with potential partners and strengthened the organization’s reputation by presenting results at 8 professional conferences throughout the United States, Europe and Africa.
- Awarded “2018 Most Outstanding Collaboration” by the Washington Global Health Alliance for leading two-year program partnership with Planned Parenthood of the Great Northwest and Hawaiian Islands.
09/11 – 07/13 – Certified Personal Trainer, Crunch Fitness, New York, NY
- Increased sales by $10,000 monthly with a roster of over 200 clients by developing niche-training expertise.
- Supervised trainer team and created promotions as weekend manager, increasing monthly sales by $20,000.
08/09 – 07/11 – Business Manager, Various New York Area Charter Schools, New York, NY
- Analyzed HR and accounting data for grant reports, increasing school revenue the next FY by $1.5M.
- Created and implemented budget-monitoring systems and revised procurement systems, tracked supplies and ordering processes, resulting in 5% decreased spending within one year.
- Forecasted and managed $24M budget based on salaries, benefits and supplies for 5 cost centers that contributed to effective budget planning and monitoring for the CEO.
- Managed vendor engagement and fiscal documents review resulting in a “no findings” external audit report.
09/13 – 12/14 – Master of Public Health, University of Michigan School of Public Health, Ann Arbor, MI
- Emphasis on the structural determinants to health, organizational and project management.
09/04 – 05/08 – Bachelor of Arts in Communications, Boston College, Chestnut Hill, MA
- Emphasis on message framing strategies and representation of marginalized groups in media and culture.