March 2017 – Present
Chair, Seattle Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Community of Practice, Seattle, WA, USA
- Led the Seattle Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Community of Practice (DEI CoP), a working group of Seattle professionals represented by 200+ multisector companies, supporting event planning, networking, DEI strategies and sharing best practices among CoP membership.
- Developed Steering Committee’s strategic framework, including communications and governance.
January 2015 – Present
Manager, VillageReach, Seattle, WA, USA and Malawi, Africa
- Created the first diversity and inclusion (D&I) initiative; collaborated with senior leaders to develop strategies in HR, staff development and communications; expanding initiative to 3 international offices.
- Developed global project management framework, strategy and toolkit to improve global team collaboration using the PMI methodology to develop practices for organizational brand, focusing on coaching junior staff.
- Created global hiring and talent management framework and toolkit to improve equitable practices for HR.
- Partnered with US- and Malawi-based software developers to scope user requirements to upgrade job aid for health hotline call center servicing 1,000+ callers monthly; managed cross-functional team.
- Managed responses to request for proposals (RFPs) to increase revenue by over $2 million in grant funding (10% of organizational operational budget) within 2 years.
- Managed intercontinental program teams that implemented global health innovations. Created program charters, work plans, communication and budget systems to ensure all critical milestones were met; developed professional development tools to coach 10 team members and 4 direct reports.
- Built relationships with potential partners and enhanced the organization’s reputation by presenting program evaluation results at 6 professional conferences throughout the United States and Africa.
September 2013 – May 2014
Program Assistant, University Health Services, Ann Arbor, MI
- Collaborated with senior university officers in collective impact group to change student move-ins structure to address rising alcohol harms; policies decreased student emergency room visits by 30%.
September 2011 – July 2013
Certified Personal Trainer, Crunch Fitness, New York, NY
- Increased sales revenue by over $10,000 monthly from a roster of over 200 clients by developing niche-training expertise (female boxing, endurance running, severely obese and prenatal).
- Promoted to weekend staff manager to supervise a team of four trainers and provide short-term promotions that increased monthly weekend training and merchandise sales by $20,000.
January 2011 – July 2011
Finance Consultant, Team Schools, Newark, NJ
- Managed audit preparation through vendor management and fiscal documents review resulting in a “no findings” external audit report; learned and used Sage MIP Accounting.
August 2009 – January 2011
Business Manager, Harlem Children’s Zone Promise Academy Schools, New York, NY
- Analyzed HR and accounting data for grant reports, increasing school revenue the next FY by $1.5M.
- Created and implemented budget-monitoring systems and revised procurement systems, tracked supplies and ordering processes, resulting in 5% decreased spending within one year.
- Forecasted and managed $24M budget based on salaries, benefits and supplies for 5 cost centers that contributed to effective budget planning and monitoring for the CEO.