KEYNOTE SPEAKER | CONVERSATION CURATOR | INTERVIEWER | WRITER | PODCASTER | EDUCATOR | ENTREPRENEUR
Jodi-Ann Burey is a speaker, writer and disruptor in the pursuit of equity for all.
Keynote Speaker + Moderator
From talks with luminaries such as Senator Kamala Harris and Stacey Abrams to powerhouse community and business leaders across the country, I have had the honor of curating and facilitating conversations that inspire and empower others to create the change they want to see in their lives and communities. This is where disruption happens: not in just sharing ideas, but enlivening our agency to understand the power we already have to address the inequities we see and experience all around us.
Business + Culture Writer
Through creative non-fiction, I write to inform and inspire others to explore new perspectives to help them better understand themselves, their communities and the larger society we all have the capacity to change. I am currently writing my first book about women of color and racial equity in healthcare.
Racial Equity + Healthcare Entrepreneur
Developing solutions to achieve racial equity in the healthcare system is urgent now more than ever. Across income levels, people of color – Black women in particular, are disproportionately disadvantaged when it comes to treatment and care. As a cancer survivor with a Masters in Public Health, I know intimately the personal and systemic factors at play, which puts me in a unique position to create solutions that can have a real impact on people’s everyday lives. Black Cancer is my latest podcast project which explores the stories of everyday people of color whose lives have been impacted by cancer.
- Organizational Culture
- Leveraging Your Power as an Anti-Racist Leader
- Inclusive Leadership
- Building a Management Toolkit for Anti-Racism and Belonging
- Rethinking Your Role Through a DEI Lens
- Racism in the Workplace
- A Reckoning with Blackness
- Navigating Workplace Racial Microaggressions
- Reimagining is Where Healing Begins
- Professional Development
- Imposter Syndrome is Bullsh*t
- Authenticity in the Workplace
- Tips on Public Speaking: Everything I Do Wrong and Why It Still Works
- Racial Health Equity
- The Lived Experience of Data: Racism in Healthcare
- A Reckoning with Racism in Healthcare and a Vision for Change
- What I Learned from Talking to People of Color about Cancer
- Racial Microaggressions in Clinical Health Care