UNIVERSITY OF MICHIGAN | SCHOOL OF PUBLIC HEALTH
Masters in Public Health, Class of 2014
- Consulted for VillageReach in Lilongwe and Balaka, Malawi as a Global Impact Follow with the William Davidson Institute. Read more.
- Consulted for the Metropolitan Organizing Strategy Enabling Strength (MOSES) in Detroit, MI.
- Developed strategies for community engagement and discussion.
- Created curriculum for community leaders on the Health in All Policies framework.
BOSTON COLLEGE | COLLEGE OF ARTS AND SCIENCES
Bachelor of Arts in Communication, Class of 2008
- Planned and facilitated school wide discussion on campus-based hate crimes. Read more.
- Organized student advocacy efforts to develop comprehensive hate crime protocols. Read more.
- Founded “United Front,” student leadership caucus. Read more.
- Led 18 students on the Boston College Ghana Service and Immersion Program to Ejisu, Ghana.
- Dr. Donald Brown Award Recipient:
- “Burey has been an active leader on BC’s campus…She has also participated in University-wide committees such as the diversity steering committee, the campus community partnership initiative, and the hate crime protocol committee.” Read more.
- Ronald E. McNair Research Scholar