Manager, Health Systems
VillageReach | Seattle, WA
Regional Focus: Malawi, Africa
- Created the organization’s first diversity and inclusion (D&I) initiative and collaborated with senior leaders to develop and implement D&I strategies in the areas of recruitment, employee development, and internal and external communications; currently expanding initiative to 3 country offices.
- Co-chaired the Seattle Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Community of Practice (DEI CoP), a working group of Seattle professionals represented by 60+ public and private sector companies, supporting event planning, networking, DEI strategies and sharing best practices among CoP membership.
- Developed global project management framework to improve global team collaboration.
- Managed responses to request for proposals (RFPs) to increase revenue by over $2 million in grant funding (10% of organizational operational budget) within 2 years.
- Managed intercontinental program teams that implemented global health innovations. Created program charters, work plans, communication and budget systems to ensure all critical milestones were met; developed professional development tools to coach 10 team members and 4 direct reports.
- Partnered with US- and Malawi-based software developers to scope user requirements to upgrade job aid for health hotline call center servicing 1,000+ callers monthly; managed cross-functional team.
- Built relationships with potential partners and enhanced the organization’s reputation by presenting program evaluation results at 6 professional conferences throughout the United States and Africa.
- DREAMS Innovation Fund Grant, CCPF for Adolescents (2016-2018) | Learn more
- Role: Project manager; grantwriter
- Diversity & Inclusion Group
- Role: Developing a framework to assess, develop and operationalize organizational values, goals and approaches to diversity and inclusion
2016 American Public Health Association (APHA) Conference | Denver, CO
- Role: Speaker
- Presentation Title: Chipatala cha pa Foni: Using mHealth to increase access to MCH services in Malawi
2016 Social Behavior Change Communication (SBCC) Conference | Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- Role: Poster Presenter
- Presentation Title: Information on Demand: Scaling A SBCC Innovation In Malawi
2015 Global mHealth Summit | Washington, DC
- Role: Speaker
- Presentation Title: The Last Mile: How Smartphone Bridge the Gap
- Conference profile link
— VillageReach (@VillageReach) November 10, 2015